Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: part time work

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: part time work

    A body's profession is more times than not what you make it. Red Onion has a rep,but they have been very good to me (work with me on whatever I need). They pay me well,and the benefits are great. Any job is going to have its share of BS,but if a body can pay his bills and earn a living,he should appreciate it. Lots of folks don't appreciate what they have if they haven't had a crummy job. Given a choice I'd rather butt heads with inmates than mop floors or flip burgers. Don't get me wrong,I have much respect for anybody who works for a livng instead of leeching,but those jobs are dead-enders.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: part time work

    I started in June of '01 and left January of '03. When I left there, I would say there was 400-500 people working there, so it wasn't far off from the 600 you say, so that was no different. Select members of management can ruin the whole barrel of fun for anybody. When I started, we had a great account manager. I explained to him my need of needing the weekends off to travel to Lexington to pick up my kids for the weekend. The whole time I was there, I never had a problem with that. The job itself was pie...my 2 promotions speak to that. I also met some good people there, some friends I hold dear to this day. But like I said, when a company penalizes you for caring for you dying mother...you tell me how I should feel.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: part time work

    Did you not try to get FMLA? I agree it's was a sticky situation, your manager should have informed you of your rights. FMLA has been around since the Clinton administration. Everyone has a right to take care of their family in those situations. Though the thing is you have to apply for it through HR. You can't do it after the fact. That wouldn't fly at any job. Though FMLA is available on any job site that has more than 50 employees if I'm not mistaken.

    Also when I started back was only around 200 to 250 employees at the most. From what I was told the first time we ever hit the 500 employee mark was when USAA came in a couple of years ago.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: part time work

    When I was in Operations starting in December '01, there were 300+ then. Me and Union Man did the nightly infraction log, where we'd have to comb over every name for lates, early outs and such. I had never heard of that FMLA you mentioned. Of course, Sykes never went out of their way to inform me of that.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: part time work

    Sykes here for only two years. Start out there when I was sixteen and working for AT&T which, I found a huge load of [censored]. My opinion is very low of SYKES, but it is a job and it makes good money for my age. Not had any kind of advancement, but I don't have a good TM that is willing to help me do anything. So being stuck on the phones all this time is getting old.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


  6. #26
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: part time work

    I would rather be homeless than have to work at Sykes ever again. Diets is right it is a very easy job, actually you would have to be brain dead to not do well at Sykes. And that alone is the reason I hated working there, your doing this very simple job that a 8 year old could do, then you have these GED graduates who have been there since jump street who think that it's rocket science and they're automatically smarter than you because they have worked there longer.

    I once had a TM tell me that I should do anything and work any schedule that I am told because Sykes is an incredible opportunity and that I would be lucky to retire there. To this day I don't think I have laughed harder to someone's face, now I kinda feel sorry for the guy, because I realized he actually thinks that's the best one can do with their life.

    Thankfully I no longer work their, and I now have a great job with great salary pay at around 20 hours a week, company vehicle, free gas and I can make my own schedule if I want. [censored] SYKES!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •